Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Modesty? What's that?


Today marked a huge milestone in Jadyn's life. First of all let me say that my child is the most amazingly beautiful child on the face of the planet. (I assure you that this is a totally unbiased opinion) And she is accustomed to random people approaching her for no reason other than to tell her how beautiful she is.

Typically her reaction is to reward them with an adorably knowing smile and say "I know". This never fails to utterly delight the complimentary stranger and totally embarrass the woman (that would be me, her mother) responsible for instilling modesty and manners in the precocious child. For all the giggles that a conceited child induces in others, I know that I really need to break her of this habit because it is not quite as cute when a 16 year old responds to a compliment with "I know".

As a result of this responsibility to teach the child modesty and graciousness, it brought an unusual amount of pleasure to hear my child respond to a declaration of her beauty with a demure smile and "thank you".

I feel like the successful mother of a beauty queen!!


(Photo was taken by Hessie's Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment