Saturday, April 3, 2010

The last place I looked!!!

It is no great secret that I am easily irritated by stupid people and their endless streams of equally uneducated commentaries. However, there are some things that I continue to hear on a regular basis from people that wouldn't normally be classified as idiots that never cease to amaze me.

The most popular one of these would be the phrase, "It was the last place I looked!" Understanding that this is usually said at the end of a story about how they have been looking for an ungodly length of time for something that should never have been lost in the first place (car keys, wallets, drivers license, etc..), I still don't grasp the reasoning behind that phrase.

No matter what you are looking for, no matter how long you have been looking for it, it will always, without fail be found in the last place you look. Unless for some reason that no sane person could ever comprehend you decided to continue "looking" for something after you had already found it.

So why must we continue to state that we found what we were looking for in the last place we looked? Your guess is a good as mine.

2 comments:

  1. Kyle says it is the first place you look you just didn't look hard enough the first time. He is usually right...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, once I find things, I do keep looking for just a bit---I'm obviously not familiar enough with that space, better find out what else is there...

    ReplyDelete