Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Through the eyes of a child

Today had been a great day. Not because I received some massive sum of money, or because I received fantastic news. No, it was great because I have been acting like a child for the majority of the day. First my girlfriend and I went for a 2 mile run, the better part of which was spent skipping around or randomly sprinting down the street. Then we went to Smoothie King where we consumed 40 ounces of strawberry banana heaven. From there we went to Wal-mart with the sole purpose of printing 19 pictures and and hour later we left with our sides hurting because we hid in the kitty litter shelves and danced to the theme song from Rocky and meowed at passing customers. After then we had lunch and picked up the kids from school and joined them in jumping rope in the front yard while giggling hysterically.

While I was sitting on the porch panting because I am far to large to be jumping up and down for 15 minutes straight I realized that I have not laughed that hard in longer than I can remember. This brought me to the conclusion that while life is not easy and each day promises to bring its fair share of problems, a healthy portion of child like antics and the laughter they produce will do wonders for the soul.

Therefore my "mid way through new year's" resolution is to wake up each day and put my 24 years of maturity and stress on the shelf and view each day with the awe and wonder of a child.

1 comment:

  1. You should get wheeled around in a wheelchair and yell "Tampons!" at the top of your lungs. I hear that will take the edge off too...

    ReplyDelete